Smoke Sensor is a universal, optical Z-Wave smoke detector. Fire alarm is signaled by sound, visual indicator blinking and by sending Z-Wave alarm and control commands.
The Fibaro Smoke Sensor is a wireless, battery-operated smoke detector that is designed to protect your home from the dangers of fire. This device can detect smoke and trigger an alarm to alert you of potential danger. It is compatible with the Fibaro Home Center 2 and 3 home automation systems, allowing you to integrate it into your existing smart home setup. With its compact design and easy installation, the Fibaro Smoke Sensor is an effective and affordable way to help keep your home and family safe.
Small is beautiful
When creating our devices, we leave nothing to chance, which is why the carefully made Smoke Sensor not only protects you and your loved ones, but also embodies an elegant and stylish detail for any room. Quite impressive for such a small smoke detector, right?
- Compatible with any Z-Wave or Z-Wave+ Controller.
- Supports protected mode with AES-128 encryption for network security.
- Easy installation in fire-prone areas.
- Battery-powered for flexibility.
- Three levels of sensor sensitivity.
- Built-in casing opening detector.
- Alarms through sound, visual indicators, and Z-Wave commands.
- Programmable excess temperature warning.
- Automatic testing every 10 seconds for reliability.
- Power supply: CR123A/CR17345 battery, 3.0V DC
- Operational temperature: 0°C to 55°C
- Operational humidity: 0% to 93%
- Measured temperature range: -20°C to 100°C
- Temperature measuring accuracy: 0.5°C (within 0-55°C range)
- EU directives compliance: EN 14604:2005RED 2014/53/EURoHS 2011/65/EU
- Radio protocol: Z-Wave
- Radio frequency: 868.4 or 869.8 MHz EU;908.4 or 916 MHz US;921.4 or 919.8 MHz ANZ;869 MHz RU;
- Radio transmit power: up to -5 dBm (EIRP)
- Range: up to 50m outdoors up to 30m indoors (depending on terrain and building structure)
- Dimensions (diameter x height): 65 x 28 mm
Frequently Asked Questions
Every 30 minutes I hear one, short acoustic signal, what does it mean?
It’s lack of the Z-Wave range alarm. You can set the time interval of signaling in parameter 32.
Is it possible to use Smoke Sensor to measure temperature and control the heating/air condition system by its readings?
Yes, built-in temperature sensor may be used as a separate device.
My Smoke Sensor is quickly discharging the battery. Why?
Make sure communication parameters are set to default. Short polling time interval may cause such behavior.
How to test if the FIBARO Smoke Sensor is working (without a real smoke)?
1. Make sure the device is powered
2. Press and hold the B-button
3. The visual indicator will glow white and the short alarm will sound
4. Keep holding the B-button
5. After 3 seconds from the first beep smoke chamber operation will be checked
Triggering fire alarm and beep mean positive result and should occur within 10 seconds. No fire alarm means that the sensor is malfunctioning.
Does it work separately if the Home Center controller is offline for some reason?
Yes. It can work as a battery operated smoke detector. In fact it does not need to be added to any Z-Wave controller at all. It can just detect the smoke and signal alarm with siren. Of course if you add it to a Z-Wave controller, you will find whole spectrum of possibilities.
FIBARO Smoke Sensor is an optical sensor, so how will it work if smoke occurs at night?
The principle of optical sensors operation is based on two diodes (transmitting and receiving). Transmitting diode works in the infrared range. Amount of the light outside does not matter.
Internal temperature sensor measures overstated temperature. Can I compensate it?
Yes, but such functionality has been moved from advanced parameters to the interface of FIBARO System. Go to Advanced Configuration tab to set the value to be added to or deducted from the current temperature measured by internal temperature sensor in order to compensate the difference between air temperature and temperature under the ceiling.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.