Swipe is a revolutionary battery gesture control pad that allows you to control devices in your Z-Wave network without actually touching anything. Swipe up, down, left, right, make a circular gesture and use sequences to get full and intuitive control of your home
A swipe gesture controller is a device or feature that allows you to control your devices using simple swipe gestures. Swipe gestures are directional movements made with your finger or hand, such as moving your finger left, right, up, or down. Swipe gesture controllers are typically used on touchscreens and trackpads, and can be used to navigate menus, control media playback, or launch apps.
Swipe gesture controllers are designed to make it easier and more intuitive to interact with your devices. They are especially useful on devices with small screens, such as smartphones, where it can be difficult to accurately tap buttons or icons. With a swipe gesture controller, you can simply swipe your finger in a specific direction to perform an action, making it faster and more convenient to use your device.
Swipe gesture controllers are widely used in a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smartwatches. Many popular operating systems, such as iOS and Android, have built-in swipe gesture controllers that allow you to perform basic actions such as navigating between home screens, launching the camera app, or unlocking your device. Additionally, many third-party apps and games support swipe gestures, making it possible to control your device using gestures alone.
SWIPE THE MAGIC
Change everything with one gesture
Discover the power of gestures
The intelligent SWIPE detects not only simple moves, but combinations of moves as well. The high resolution sensor interprets the most complex commands. You will be surprised by the power of your hands.
- Controller Compatibility: Compatible with any Z-Wave or Z-Wave+ Controller.
- Security Mode: Supports protected mode (Z-Wave network security mode) with AES-128 encryption.
- Contactless Gesture Detection: Allows for gesture detection without direct contact.
- Power Options: Can be powered by battery and/or an external VDC power source. Battery serves as an emergency power source when externally powered.
- Confirmation Indicators: Gestures and actions confirmed by the buzzer and indicated by the built-in LED diode.
- Gesture-Controlled Menu: Features a gesture-controlled menu for operating the device without dismounting it.
- Power Supply: Operates on a 5V DC power supply and/or 4 x 1.5V AA batteries.
- Operational Current: Consumes less than 60mA of current.
- DC Supply Connector: Utilizes a micro-USB connector for DC power supply.
- Battery Type: Supports 4 x 1.5V AA batteries.
- EU Directives Compliance: Complies with RED 2014/53/EU and RoHS 2011/65/EU directives.
- Radio Protocol: Utilizes Z-Wave (500 series chip) for communication.
- Radio Frequency: Operates on different frequencies including 868.4 or 869.8 MHz (EU), 908.4 or 916.0 MHz (US), 921.4 or 919.8 MHz (ANZ), and 869.0 MHz (RU).
- Radio Transmit Power: Offers a transmission power of up to 5 dBm (EIRP).
- Range: Provides a range of up to 50m outdoors and up to 40m indoors, depending on terrain and building structure.
- Dimensions: Measures 178 x 130 x 29 mm.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many devices can you control with one SWIPE?
FIBARO SWIPE is a scene controller, each gesture can control multiple devices at the same time and when you trigger scenes the only limitation is number of devices used within a scene.
What type of material will SWIPE work through?
SWIPE can work through any non-metallic material: wood, drywall, stone (granite, marble), also glass (single layer), laminate and any synthetic material. It will not work through metal or mirror. Thickness may vary depending of material type.
What do all the beeps mean?
- Sound sequence – enter/exit MENU mode
- One short beep – device wake up
- Two short beeps – learning MODE
- Three short beeps – device RESET
Double beep during gesture – valid gesture/combination confirmation
Single long beep during gesture – invalid gesture/combination
How do you control Sonos if it’s not Z-wave?
Sonos or any TCP/IP device can be controlled using Virtual Device buttons or scenes using available LUA commands.
How do you open a window with SWIPE?
SWIPE can trigger Z-wave actuator or Z-wave relay connected to an actuator to open or close the window.
What is the best way to mount it behind/under material?
Remove the front picture cover and use double sided tape or Velcro to attach the device to horizontal or vertical surface. Make sure surface you want to mount SWIPE is clean of dust or grease before you apply any type of mounting material. Do not overuse mounting material to make sure you can easily remove it without bending or breaking any SWIPE parts.
Will SWIPE work without the frame?
SWIPE can be powered directly using micro-USB without using the frame.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.